I love ramen noodles, I’m talking about the those prepackaged noodles that are dirt cheap. I know you have seen them and probably ate them once in your life. Those were my go-to meal when I was hungry but didn’t have an appetite or when I was hungry and just didn’t know what I wanted to eat. But those things are just NOT good for you, the ingredients are questionable, they certainly do not have any true nutritional value.
BUT I still love them, I don’t eat them any more but I still have fond memories of my ramen noodle days. So I decided to recreate them using better ingredients and less sodium. I have also made this recipe before using zucchini noodles instead of rice noodles, try it both ways and see which one you like best.
Gluten Free Bone Broth Ramen
- Organic Grass Fed Bone Broth (I love Bonafide Provisions)
- Gluten Free Ramen Noodles (I like Lotus Foods’ Millet & Brown Rice Ramen)
- Seasonings (i.e. rosemary, thyme, salt, etc.)
- Pour bone broth into stockpot, heat over medium heat until you reach a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once the bone broth has reach a boil, add the ramen noodles and whatever seasonings you like (I added some rosemary, thyme and pinch of sea salt), bring back to a slow boil and let simmer until the noodles are soft.
- Turn off heat and let it sit for 2 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
Remember it is okay to enjoy the foods you love, just make sure that they are made with real quality ingredients and if you can’t find them, then feel free to recreate them!
The Hungry Pea