Sometimes you just want a quick and simple meal. Nothing too complicated or time consuming. I for one don’t like coming home after a work day to slave in the kitchen. I like coming home, cook a quick meal and spend sometime with my tiny family (my yorkie likes to cuddle). So this recipe is one of my favorites, it only has 4 ingredients!
Next time you want a quick meal but don’t want to comprise on taste, make this and I assure you, you will not be disappointed 🙂
Thyme Butter Chicken
- Organic Chicken Breast, I used skinless & boneless
- 1/4 cup Grass-Fed Butter, this is my favorite
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly butter a cast-iron skillet (about a tablespoon), place the skillet in the oven while its preheating, I like doing this because it allows the chicken to get a little more crispy, this works best with skin
- Stir 1/4 cup melted butter and salt together in a bowl
- Remove skillet from the oven and arrange chicken in the baking dish. Pour melted butter over the chicken, once thoroughly coated, sprinkle thyme over chicken
- Place chicken in the oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is great because it is easy and quick to make. You can always get creative with the ingredients, you don’t like thyme, add sage or add all your favorite herbs.
The Hungry Pea 🙂