Who doesn’t like tacos? I absolutely love them, you can make them with pretty much anything, chicken, beef, turkey, pork, or meatless.
There is nothing complicated about tacos, that is if you don’t have any food restrictions. But if you are like me, someone with a laundry list of things I cannot have or should avoid, tacos could become a bit more complicated.
Tortillas are a thing that can be tricky to find an AIP version of, I’ve made Paleo Tortillas before (see post here) but even those are not AIP friendly because of the eggs. Now if you are following a strict AIP diet but are craving tacos, I have the solution for you… savoy cabbage!
Below is an quick and easy recipe that will have you enjoy Taco Tuesday all over again 🙂
- 1 lb 95% lean ground turkey
- small savoy cabbage
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cilantro flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sautéed for 30 seconds.
- Add turkey to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.
- Add salt, cilantro flakes and cumin. Stirred until spices are mixed together. For AIP omit cumin
- Serve turkey on top of savor cabbage, top with avocado and any other topping you would like to use.
The Hungry Pea