What is a week without Taco Tuesday and what is a taco without tortillas? I can’t have flour tortillas because of the gluten and I can’t have corn tortillas because of the grains. So what is a girl to do? Find a paleo friendly tortilla that’s what.
Ideally this would be a AIP friendly but let’s not push it 🙂 To make this AIP friendly all you have to do is use an egg substitute. Disclaimer, I have not made this recipe using the egg-substitute recipe so I am not sure what the consistency will be, I’ll try it again and report back. See below for an egg substitute recipe.
Paleo Friendly Tortillas
This recipe is from wickedpatula.com
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and add a bit of coconut oil or butter to the pan.
- Pour in 1/5 of the batter at a time and spread out into about a 6″ circle.
- Allow to cook 1-2 minutes then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- The tortillas should be soft and foldable but golden brown. Repeat until you have 5 tortillas and set aside.
- To make this AIP friendly, substitute the eggs and combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax and 3 tablespoons of water, blend until the mixture is thick, creamy, and egg-like.
Happy Taco Tuesday!
The Hungry Pea