I have cravings. Sometimes I crave a juicy burger or a slice of pizza and other times I crave a really good salad. But what is a salad without dressing? It just doesn’t taste the same and most dressings out there have ingredients I can’t have.
No salad should be left naked, unless that’s how you like it. I love a good ranch dressing (I’ll post an AIP friendly recipe soon) but more than ranch I love AVOCADOS! Which is why this is one of my favorite dressings, it’s simple and the key ingredient is a whole avocado 🙂
This recipe is from Mickey Prescott’s book, The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook.
- 1 avocado, pitted and skinned
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix for a few seconds until well incorporated
- If too thick, add water one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency
The Hungry Pea