I got my husband excited about Paleo and now I have to make sure I keep him excited by cooking some delicious recipes. I am proving to him that Paleo not only is better for his health long term but he won’t be missing anything.
We are huge on BBQ in my house, we love our BBQ chicken and every once in a while indulge in BBQ ribs. But with this new eating habits, regular BBQ sauces just won’t do. So the hunt for a BBQ sauce that was AIP compliant began. Luckily I didn’t have to do much of a search, The Autoimmune Protocol Cookbook had the perfect recipe.
Here’s is what you’ll need.
Nightshade-Free Cheery BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 larger yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups pitted cheeries, fresh or frozen, halved
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan on medium heat. When the oil is hot enough, add the onion, and cook until browned.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add cherries, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and smoked sea salt. Cook uncovered 20 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer to a blender and blend on high until throughout mixed.
The Hungry Pea